San Luis County Special Education

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About San Luis County Special Education

San Luis County Special Education is a public school district that provides a variety of educational services to students with special needs. The district serves students in preschool through twelfth grade, and offers a variety of academic and social supports to meet the needs of each individual student. The district is committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, and strives to meet the unique needs of each student.
The district offers a range of services, including Individual Education Plans (IEPs) to ensure that each student’s needs are met. The IEPs are developed by a team of teachers and specialists, and are tailored to meet the individual needs of each student. The district also offers a variety of therapies, including speech and language therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
San Luis County Special Education also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports, clubs, and after-school programs. These activities help students develop social skills and build relationships with their peers. The district also provides a variety of resources for families, including parent workshops and support groups.
San Luis County Special Education is dedicated to helping students with special needs reach their full potential. The district is committed to helping all students achieve success in school and in life.

Address:

3360 Ed Dr.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

Phone:

(805) 782-7340

Site:

slocoe.org

Grades:

K – 12

Enrollment:

25 students

Overview San Luis County Special Education

San Luis County Special Education serves 25 students in grades Kindergarten-12.
San Luis County Special Education placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on San Luis County Special Education

San Luis County Special Education is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of San Luis County Special Education is 0.63, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Indian Wells Elementary School

Mountain View Elementary School

Boaz High School

Janie Darr Elementary School

Janie Darr Elementary School