San Luis Obispo County Community

San Luis Obispo County Community

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About San Luis Obispo County Community

San Luis Obispo County is a vibrant community located in the Central Coast of California. With a population of over 280,000 people, San Luis Obispo County is home to a variety of cultures, lifestyles, and experiences.
The county is known for its sunny weather, beautiful beaches, and abundance of outdoor activities. From hiking and camping in the Los Padres National Forest to surfing and whale watching along the coast, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
San Luis Obispo County is also home to a variety of cultural attractions, including the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art, the San Luis Obispo Children’s Museum, and the Performing Arts Center. The county also has a thriving music and nightlife scene, with live music venues and bars throughout the area.
The county is also home to a number of higher education institutions, including California Polytechnic State University, Cuesta College, and the University of California, Santa Barbara.
San Luis Obispo County is a great place to live, work, and play. With its diverse population, beautiful scenery, and abundance of activities and attractions, it is a great place to call home.

Address:

3350 Ed Dr.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

Phone:

(805) 782-7350

Site:

slocoe.org

Grades:

6 – 12

Enrollment:

78 students

Overview San Luis Obispo County Community

San Luis Obispo County Community serves 78 students in grades 6-12.
San Luis Obispo County Community placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 20:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on San Luis Obispo County Community

San Luis Obispo County Community is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of San Luis Obispo County Community is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Vail High (Continuation)

Vail High (Continuation)

Cienega High School

Cienega High School

Farley Elementary School

Salem Elementary School