Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court

Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court is a branch of the Santa Barbara County Superior Court. It is responsible for handling cases involving minors who are accused of criminal offenses. The court is located in the county seat of Santa Barbara and is presided over by a judge who is appointed by the Governor of California.
The court is responsible for adjudicating cases involving minors charged with crimes such as assault, drug possession, and theft. It also handles cases involving delinquency, dependency, and guardianship. The court also has jurisdiction over cases involving juvenile traffic violations.
The court is dedicated to providing a fair and just experience for all minors who appear before it. The court works to ensure that minors are treated with respect and dignity, and that their rights are protected. The court also strives to provide a safe and secure environment for all parties involved.
The Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court is committed to providing a positive outcome for all involved. It works with the community to ensure that minors receive the help they need to become productive members of society. The court also works with law enforcement and other agencies to ensure that minors are held accountable for their actions.

Address:

4400 Cathedral Oaks Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93110

Phone:

(805) 967-5307

Site:

sbceo.org

Grades:

5 – 12

Enrollment:

21 students

Overview Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court

Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court serves 21 students in grades 5-12.
Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 95% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court

Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Santa Barbara County Juvenile Court is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Kobuk School

Pulaski Heights Middle School

Pulaski Heights Middle School

Khalsa Montessori Elementary School – Phoenix

University Charter School