Spencer Valley Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Spencer Valley Elementary School

Spencer Valley Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of San Diego, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District and serves students in grades kindergarten through sixth. The school has a strong academic focus, with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Spencer Valley Elementary also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
The school has a diverse student body, with students from a variety of backgrounds. The school has a strong community atmosphere, with supportive teachers and staff. Parents are encouraged to be involved in their child’s education, and the school has an active PTA.
Spencer Valley Elementary has a number of facilities for students to use, including a library, playground, and cafeteria. The school also offers a variety of programs, such as a robotics club, music program, and art classes.
Spencer Valley Elementary is committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school has a zero-tolerance policy for bullying and harassment, and the staff works hard to ensure that students feel safe and respected.

Address:

4414 Highway 78 And 79
Santa Ysabel, CA 92070

Phone:

(760) 765-0336

Site:

svesd.net

Grades:

K – 8

Enrollment:

32 students

Overview Spencer Valley Elementary School

Spencer Valley Elementary School serves 32 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Spencer Valley Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥80% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥80% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Spencer Valley Elementary School

Spencer Valley Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Spencer Valley Elementary School is 0.60, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Desert View Middle & High School

John C. Kimball High School

John C. Kimball High School

Gateway Elementary School

Abrams Elementary School