Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School

Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School

Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School is an innovative public school located in the heart of Los Angeles, California. Established in 2004, Stoney Point is an alternative school that provides a comprehensive education for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. The school offers an individualized approach to learning that allows students to progress at their own pace.
The school has a strong focus on academic excellence and provides a challenging curriculum that prepares students for success in high school and beyond. Stoney Point also emphasizes the importance of character development and encourages students to become active, responsible citizens.
The school is committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment for all students. The faculty and staff are dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential. Stoney Point also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
At Stoney Point, students are encouraged to take ownership of their learning and to strive for excellence. The school offers a unique learning experience that combines academic rigor and character development to create a well-rounded educational experience. Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School is an excellent choice for families looking to provide their children with an exceptional education.

Address:

10010 De Soto Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311

Phone:

(818) 678-3491

Site:

lausd.k12.ca.us

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

97 students

Overview Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School

Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School serves 97 students in grades 9-12.
Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School

Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Stoney Point Continuation Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Pintlala Elementary School

Saddleback Elementary School

Saddleback Elementary School

Willow Creek Elementary School

Willow Creek Elementary School

Sierra High School