Sunset Elementary School
11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown
About Sunset Elementary School
Sunset Elementary School is an award-winning public school located in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community in Los Angeles. It is a wonderful place to learn and grow, where students are encouraged to reach their fullest potential. The school is proud to offer a wide range of academic and extracurricular programs that are designed to meet the needs of each and every student.
At Sunset Elementary School, students have access to a variety of resources and activities that help them develop into well-rounded individuals. The school offers a rigorous academic curriculum that is designed to challenge and engage students. It also provides after-school programs, field trips, and other activities that help to enrich the learning experience.
The faculty and staff at Sunset Elementary School are dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for all students. They strive to create a community of respect and understanding, where everyone is valued and supported. The school is also committed to fostering a culture of collaboration and cooperation between teachers, students, and parents.
Sunset Elementary School is a great place for students to learn and grow. With its excellent academic programs, supportive faculty and staff, and commitment to creating a positive learning environment, it is the perfect place for students to reach their full potential.
1671 Frankfurt Way
Livermore, CA 94550
K – 5
Overview Sunset Elementary School
Sunset Elementary School serves 744 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Sunset Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 69% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 72% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Verdict on Sunset Elementary School
Sunset Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Sunset Elementary School is 0.62, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.