Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School

Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School

Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School is a public school located in the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 1960, it is one of the oldest middle schools in the area. The school is named after Martin B. Tetzlaff, a prominent educator in Milwaukee who served as the superintendent of schools from 1948-1954.
At Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School, students are provided with a safe and nurturing learning environment. The school offers a variety of educational opportunities, including core academic classes as well as music, art, physical education, and technology classes. The school also provides a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School is committed to preparing students for success in high school and beyond. The staff is dedicated to helping students reach their academic, personal, and social potential. The school also has a strong focus on character education and encourages students to be responsible citizens.
Overall, Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School is a great place for students to learn and grow. With its commitment to providing a quality education and its focus on helping students reach their full potential, it is an excellent choice for middle school students in Milwaukee.

Address:

12351 E. Del Amo Blvd.
Cerritos, CA 90703

Phone:

(562) 229-7795

Site:

tetzlaffms.us

Grades:

7 – 8

Enrollment:

646 students

Overview Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School

Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School serves 646 students in grades 7-8.
Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is ≥80% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is ≥80% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School

Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Tetzlaff (Martin B.) Middle School is 0.71, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Museum

St. Paul High School

Claychalkville Middle School

Santa Clara Elementary School