Vicente Martinez High School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Vicente Martinez High School

Vicente Martinez High School is a public high school located in the city of San Diego, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District. The school is named after Vicente Martinez, a prominent early settler of San Diego.
Vicente Martinez High School has a strong commitment to providing students with a quality education. The school offers a wide range of courses, from the core curriculum to advanced placement classes. The school also has a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, student clubs, and other activities.
Vicente Martinez High School is dedicated to creating a positive learning environment. The school focuses on creating a safe and supportive school culture, and the staff and faculty are committed to helping students reach their full potential. The school also strives to create a diverse and inclusive community.
Vicente Martinez High School is a great place to get an education. The school has a strong academic program, a supportive school culture, and a commitment to helping students reach their full potential. If you are looking for a high school that is dedicated to helping students succeed, Vicente Martinez High School is the perfect place for you.

Address:

925 Susana St.
Martinez, CA 94553

Phone:

(925) 335-5880

Site:

www1.martinez.k12.ca.us

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

70 students

Overview Vicente Martinez High School

Vicente Martinez High School serves 70 students in grades 9-12.
Vicente Martinez High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Vicente Martinez High School

Vicente Martinez High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Vicente Martinez High School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Gratton Elementary School

Gratton Elementary School

Venetia Valley K-8

Venetia Valley K-8

Cottonwood High School

Yu Ming Charter