Vista High (Alternative)

Vista High (Alternative)

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Vista High (Alternative)

Vista High is a unique learning environment that offers students the opportunity to explore their passions and develop their talents. Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, Vista High is a diverse and vibrant school that provides students with an array of educational opportunities. With a wide range of courses, clubs, and activities, Vista High is committed to providing students with an engaging and enriching learning experience.
Vista High offers a variety of classes ranging from traditional core classes to specialized electives. Students can choose from classes in the humanities, sciences, mathematics, and more. Additionally, the school offers a variety of extracurricular activities such as sports, theater, and student government. Vista High also hosts a variety of clubs and organizations that allow students to explore their interests and develop their skills.
At Vista High, students are encouraged to think critically and explore their passions. With a focus on academic excellence, the school provides a supportive learning environment where students can reach their full potential. Vista High is committed to helping its students develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in college and beyond.

Address:

2625 Barnard Rd.
San Pablo, CA 94806

Phone:

(510) 231-1431

Site:

wccusd.net

Grades:

K – 12

Enrollment:

216 students

Overview Vista High (Alternative)

Vista High (Alternative) serves 216 students in grades Kindergarten-12.
Vista High (Alternative) placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is lower than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 86% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Vista High (Alternative)

Vista High (Alternative) is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Vista High (Alternative) is 0.75, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Covillaud Elementary School

Vencil Brown Elementary School

Lavaca High School

Lavaca High School

Douglas Middle School