Wade Thomas Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Wade Thomas Elementary School

Wade Thomas Elementary School is a public school located in San Rafael, California. It is part of the San Rafael City Schools district and serves students in grades K-5. With a student body of over 500, Wade Thomas is a vibrant, diverse and welcoming community. Wade Thomas Elementary School has a strong commitment to academic excellence and offers a wide variety of programs to meet the needs of its students. The school provides a rigorous academic program, with a focus on reading, writing, math, science, and social studies. Additionally, Wade Thomas offers a variety of enrichment activities, such as art, music, physical education, and technology. Wade Thomas also has a strong commitment to social-emotional development, with a focus on building strong relationships and fostering a positive school climate. The school also provides a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports and clubs, to further engage students in their learning. With its commitment to academic excellence, social-emotional development, and extracurricular activities, Wade Thomas Elementary School is a great choice for families looking for a quality education for their children.

Address:

150 Ross Ave.
San Anselmo, CA 94960

Phone:

(415) 454-4603

Site:

rossvalleyschools.org

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

318 students

Overview Wade Thomas Elementary School

Wade Thomas Elementary School serves 318 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Wade Thomas Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 80-84% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 75-79% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Wade Thomas Elementary School

Wade Thomas Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Wade Thomas Elementary School is 0.45, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Winterboro High School

Canyon View High School

Bagdad Elementary School

Randolph Elementary School