Huntsville High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Huntsville High School

Huntsville High School is a public school located in Huntsville, Alabama. It is part of the Huntsville City Schools system, and serves students in grades 9-12. The school has a rich history and is proud of its diverse student population. The school offers a wide range of courses and activities, including Advanced Placement classes, career and technical education, and extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, and performing arts. The school also has a strong focus on college and career readiness, with a dedicated college and career counselor and a variety of programs to help students prepare for life after high school. Huntsville High School is committed to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, and strives to ensure that every student is successful.

Address:

2304 Billie Watkins Sw
Huntsville, AL 35801

Phone:

(256) 428-8050

Site:

www.huntsvillecityschools.org

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

1,849 students

Overview Huntsville High School

Huntsville High School serves 1,849 students in grades 9-12.
Huntsville High School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 41% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 51% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Huntsville High School

Huntsville High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Huntsville High School is 0.57, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Forest Hill Elementary School

Surfside Academy

Surfside Academy

Calico Rock Elementary School

Calico Rock Elementary School

Price Charter Middle School

Price Charter Middle School