Spain Park High School

8 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Spain Park High School

Spain Park High School is a public high school located in Hoover, Alabama. It is part of the Hoover City Schools system and serves students in grades nine through twelve. The school opened in 2001 and has quickly become one of the most successful high schools in the state. The school is known for its outstanding academics, athletics, and extracurricular activities.
Spain Park High School has a strong academic program that is focused on preparing students for college and beyond. The school offers a wide array of Advanced Placement (AP) courses and extracurricular activities to help students develop their skills and knowledge. The school also offers a wide variety of clubs and organizations, including a student newspaper, a debate team, and a robotics team.
The school also has an impressive athletic program that includes football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, swimming, golf, and track and field. The school has won several state championships in various sports, and its football team has been ranked nationally.
Spain Park High School also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including a drama club, a marching band, and a variety of student organizations. The school also has a strong community service program that encourages students to get involved in their community.
Spain Park High School is a great place for students to get a quality education and prepare for college and beyond. The school has a strong academic program, a successful athletic program, and a variety of extracurricular activities that help students develop their skills and knowledge.

Address:

4700 Jaguar Drive
Birmingham, AL 35242

Phone:

(205) 439-1400

Site:

www.hoovercityschools.net

Grades:

9 – 12

Enrollment:

1,634 students

Overview Spain Park High School

Spain Park High School serves 1,634 students in grades 9-12.
Spain Park High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 51% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 24%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 46%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 39% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 47% (majority Black).

Verdict on Spain Park High School

Spain Park High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,276 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Spain Park High School is 0.58, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.61. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Coarsegold Elementary School

Hampton Elementary School

Williams High School

Painted Desert Montessori Llc

Painted Desert Montessori Llc