International Studies Magnet

International Studies Magnet

10 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About International Studies Magnet

The International Studies Magnet is an innovative academic program designed to provide students with a global perspective on the world. This program encourages students to explore the cultures, languages, and histories of different countries, as well as the global economy and international politics. Through the International Studies Magnet, students gain an understanding of the world’s different cultures and how they interact with one another.
The International Studies Magnet offers a variety of courses and activities to engage students in the global community. Courses in world history, geography, economics, and political science are available to give students a comprehensive understanding of the world’s different nations. Additionally, language classes are offered in Spanish, French, German, and Chinese, as well as other languages.
The International Studies Magnet also provides students with a wide range of extracurricular activities and opportunities. Through clubs, seminars, field trips, and other activities, students can gain a deeper understanding of the world and its cultures. Additionally, students in the International Studies Magnet have the opportunity to take part in international exchange programs, giving them the chance to study abroad and gain a first-hand experience of different cultures.
The International Studies Magnet is an excellent opportunity for students to gain a global perspective on the world. Through this program, students can gain a comprehensive understanding of the world’s different cultures and how they interact with one another. Additionally, students have the chance to take part in a wide range of extracurricular activities and international exchange programs, giving them the opportunity to gain a first-hand experience of different cultures.

Address:

1218 Cobb St
Jonesboro, AR 72401

Phone:

(870) 933-5825

Site:

www.jonesboroschools.net

Grades:

1 – 6

Enrollment:

616 students

Overview International Studies Magnet

International Studies Magnet serves 616 students in grades 1-6.
International Studies Magnet placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arkansas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 52% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 36%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 41% (which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is higher than the Arkansas state level of 13:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Arkansas state average of 40% (majority Black).

Verdict on International Studies Magnet

International Studies Magnet is ranked within the top 30% of all 993 schools in Arkansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of International Studies Magnet is 0.59, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Valley View Intermediate School

Ombudsman – Charter West

Willows Community High School

Willows Community High School

Legacy Traditional School – West Surprise

Legacy Traditional School – West Surprise