Palmyra Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Palmyra Elementary School

Palmyra Elementary School is a public school in the small town of Palmyra, Maine. Located in the heart of town, Palmyra Elementary School has been providing quality education to the town’s children for over 100 years. The school has a strong academic program, with classes in math, science, language arts, social studies, and physical education. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities, including sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
The school’s staff is dedicated to providing a safe and nurturing environment for all students. Teachers and staff take the time to get to know each student, and the school has a strong sense of community. The school also emphasizes the importance of service to the community and encourages students to take part in community service projects.
Palmyra Elementary School is a great place for children to learn and grow. The school’s commitment to providing quality education and a safe environment makes it a great choice for families in the Palmyra area.

Address:

1325 E. Palmyra Ave.
Orange, CA 92866

Phone:

(714) 997-6207

Site:

orangeusd.org

Grades:

K – 6

Enrollment:

391 students

Overview Palmyra Elementary School

Palmyra Elementary School serves 391 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Palmyra Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Palmyra Elementary School

Palmyra Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Palmyra Elementary School is 0.35, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Great Partnership Special Education Consortium

Cedarville Elementary School

Cedarville Elementary School

Yakov E. Netsvetov School

Brookside