Sandpiper Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Sandpiper Elementary School

Sandpiper Elementary School is a public school located in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community in Southern California. It is a place where students of all backgrounds come together to learn, grow, and develop into responsible citizens. The school offers an outstanding educational experience, with a strong emphasis on academic excellence and character development.
The school has a strong focus on preparing students for a successful future. It offers a rigorous academic program that emphasizes critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills. The curriculum is designed to be engaging and relevant to the real world.
At Sandpiper Elementary School, students have access to a wide range of extracurricular activities, such as sports, music, art, and clubs. These activities provide students with the opportunity to explore their interests and develop their talents.
The school also provides a safe and supportive environment for students. The staff is dedicated to creating a caring and welcoming atmosphere where students feel valued and respected.
Sandpiper Elementary School is committed to providing a high-quality education to its students. It is a place where students can reach their full potential and become responsible citizens of the world.

Address:

801 Redwood Shores Pkwy.
Redwood City, CA 94065

Phone:

(650) 631-5510

Site:

sites.google.com

Grades:

K – 8

Enrollment:

592 students

Overview Sandpiper Elementary School

Sandpiper Elementary School serves 592 students in grades Kindergarten-8.
Sandpiper Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 79% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 80% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 70% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Sandpiper Elementary School

Sandpiper Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Sandpiper Elementary School is 0.70, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Chilton County High School

C L Smith Elementary School

C L Smith Elementary School

Sequoia Middle School

University Place Elementary School