Vista Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Vista Elementary School

Vista Elementary School is a public elementary school located in the heart of Vista, California. It is part of the Vista Unified School District and serves students in grades K-5. Vista Elementary School is committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and stimulating learning environment for all students. The school offers a variety of educational programs and activities, including music, art, physical education, and technology.
At Vista Elementary School, teachers strive to create a positive learning environment that encourages collaboration and critical thinking. The school also focuses on teaching students the importance of good citizenship, respect, and responsibility. Through hands-on activities, students are encouraged to explore their interests and develop their skills.
Vista Elementary School also values the importance of family involvement in the education of its students. The school has a strong commitment to maintaining open communication between parents, teachers, and administrators. Through their commitment to excellence, Vista Elementary School is dedicated to helping all students reach their full potential.

Address:

2175 Wisteria St.
Simi Valley, CA 93065

Phone:

(805) 520-6750

Site:

vista.simivalleyusd.org

Grades:

K – 6

Enrollment:

615 students

Overview Vista Elementary School

Vista Elementary School serves 615 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Vista Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 73% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 66% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Vista Elementary School

Vista Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Vista Elementary School is 0.72, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Stanislaus Military Academy At Teel

Lafe Nelson School

Los Molinos High School

Los Molinos High School

Harry P B Carden