Will Rogers Middle School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Will Rogers Middle School

Will Rogers Middle School is a public school located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. The school was established in 1928 and is a part of the Los Angeles Unified School District. It is a diverse school with students from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. The school offers a comprehensive education with a focus on academic excellence and a wide range of extracurricular activities.
Will Rogers Middle School is dedicated to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for all students. The school emphasizes the importance of developing strong interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Will Rogers Middle School also provides an array of enrichment activities such as sports, clubs, and after-school programs.
Will Rogers Middle School is committed to helping students reach their full potential. The school provides a challenging curriculum, as well as access to a variety of resources and support services. The school also offers a number of college and career readiness programs to help students prepare for the future.
Will Rogers Middle School is a great place for students to learn, grow, and thrive. The school strives to create an environment where students feel safe, supported, and encouraged to succeed.

Address:

4924 Dewey Dr.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628

Phone:

(916) 971-7889

Site:

sanjuan.edu

Grades:

6 – 8

Enrollment:

605 students

Overview Will Rogers Middle School

Will Rogers Middle School serves 605 students in grades 6-8.
Will Rogers Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 61% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Will Rogers Middle School

Will Rogers Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Will Rogers Middle School is 0.70, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Sherwood

Sherwood

San Tan Elementary School

San Lorenzo Valley High School

Camden Fairview High School

Camden Fairview High School