Willow Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Willow Elementary School

Willow Elementary School is a vibrant and welcoming school located in the heart of a thriving community. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students. We strive to foster a culture of respect and collaboration, while providing a rigorous and challenging educational experience.
At Willow Elementary, we value diversity and inclusion. We strive to create a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or religion. Our staff is highly trained and dedicated to providing a quality education for all students.
Our curriculum focuses on developing the whole child, including academic, social, emotional, and physical development. We offer a variety of enrichment opportunities, including music, art, and physical education classes. We also offer a variety of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, clubs, and after-school programs.
At Willow Elementary, we believe that every student has the potential to excel. We are committed to providing a high-quality education and a positive learning experience for all students. We invite you to come and explore all that Willow Elementary has to offer!

Address:

11733 E. 205th St.
Lakewood, CA 90715

Phone:

(562) 229-7910

Site:

willowes.us

Grades:

K – 6

Enrollment:

405 students

Overview Willow Elementary School

Willow Elementary School serves 405 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Willow Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 98% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Willow Elementary School

Willow Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Willow Elementary School is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Discovery Peak Charter School

Bell Senior High School

Bell Senior High School

Proctor Elementary School

Proctor Elementary School

Oak Park Elementary School