Chollas/mead Elementary School

11 May 2023 / by Crystal Brown

About Chollas/mead Elementary School

Chollas/Mead Elementary School is a public school located in San Diego, California. It is part of the San Diego Unified School District and serves students in grades K-5. Chollas/Mead Elementary School has a long history of providing quality education to its students. The school has a strong emphasis on academic excellence, with a focus on providing a safe and nurturing learning environment. The school also offers a variety of extracurricular activities and programs, such as art, music, physical education, and after-school activities. Chollas/Mead Elementary School is committed to providing a quality education to all of its students and helping them reach their full potential.

Address:

401 N. 45th St.
San Diego, CA 92102

Phone:

(619) 362-3300

Site:

sandiegounified.org

Grades:

K – 5

Enrollment:

546 students

Overview Chollas/mead Elementary School

Chollas/mead Elementary School serves 546 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Chollas/mead Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year. The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is equal to the California state level of 22:1. Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).

Verdict on Chollas/mead Elementary School

Chollas/mead Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.The diversity score of Chollas/mead Elementary School is 0.32, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school’s diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.

Check reviews of Offline USA Schools

Pistor Middle School

Pistor Middle School

Hanceville Middle School

Ahlf Junior High School

Ahlf Junior High School

Rison High School